FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Female Riders Fueling the Future of Motorcycling
The Women’s Coalition of Motorcyclists (WCM) Female Train-the-Dual Sport/Adventure Riding-Trainer Scholarship. Powered by the Women’s Motorcyclist Foundation (WMF).
Eastern USA – The Women’s Coalition of Motorcyclists (WCM) is dedicated to doubling the number of female riders by 2020. In pursuit of this goal, we have partnered with the Women’s Motorcyclist Foundation, Inc. (WMF), to establish a train-the-trainer scholarship for a skilled dual-sport female rider to become a dual-sport teaching coach with funds raised from WMF’s Dirty for Good training camp project.
Candidates must meet the series of prerequisites for applying for the Female Train-the-Dual Sport/Adventure Riding-Trainer Scholarships that include:
At a minimum:
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Be capable and willing to perform training in the Eastern half of the USA.
- Be identified as female.
- Have a valid driver’s license with a motorcycle endorsement for a minimum of 1 year.
- Be a paid member of the WCM
- Have been previously trained by a certified off-road trainer.
- Participated in a dual sport and/or adventure riding in the last 5 years.
- Ability to work with a wide range of personalities and skill levels is essential.
Both the WCM and the WMF recognize that there are very few women who currently hold this level of coaching/training capability in the USA. The Eastern half of the USA is an area where very few coaches/trainers exist; therefore, this scholarship targets that specific geographic area as needed.